Many people suffer from heartburn, heartburn or heartburn and have a really bad time. Symptoms you may feel are burning sensation in the esophagus, stomach cramps, nausea and / or dizziness. If you suffer from heartburn, you will surely have felt identified and you will want to solve your problem. Here, we give you a series of home remedies to combat heartburn.
Foods to avoid to avoid heartburn
Before remedying heartburn, it is important to avoid it. For this reason, we give you our first home remedy to combat heartburn, avoiding a series of foods that produce it. These foods that produce acidity are the following:
- Beverages: Try to avoid alcoholic beverages, caffeinated beverages, carbonated beverages, and acidic juices and fruits.
- the chocolate
- Very fatty and very spicy foods.
- the Mint
- tomato, raw onion and garlic
- the pepper and the vinegar
Baking soda to fight heartburn
Put a teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water. Take this mixture once a day.
Note: do not use this remedy if you have hypertension or have fluid retention.
Chamomile to combat heartburn
Boil a handful of chamomile flowers in a saucepan filled with a glass of water for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat, strain it and drink it before meals.
Aloe Vera for heartburn
Drink about 30 or 40 milliliters of aloe Vera juice every day (better the one they sell already prepared for oral use and not take it directly from the plant). The aloe or aloe normalizes the pH of the stomach and reduces stomach acidity favoring the balance of intestinal flora.
Other things we can do to avoid heartburn
Apart from avoiding eating the foods mentioned in section 1 and the home remedies that we have explained, there are other things that will prevent our heartburn:
- Eat without eating large amounts of food so as not to notice the feeling of a full stomach.
- Do not go to sleep until at least two hours after eating. Try to move dinner time ahead if you want to go to sleep sooner.
- When going to sleep try to do it with the upper part of the body slightly raised (from the waist to the top). In the market they sell some wedges that have this function.
- Try not to exercise right after eating. Wait for digestion to do it.
- Avoid wearing clothes that are too tight or tight to our stomach since it can put pressure on us.
- Try to eat slowly and slowly and chew slowly.
- Try not to drink water during the meal. It is better to drink it sooner or later.