One of the most revolutionary diets in recent times has been the blood group diet. It is a food method that is based on the real needs of our body. And, for this, our blood group is taken into account, which will indicate the type of body we have and nutritional needs. the blood group can indicate the individual characteristics of each person.
Here we are going to talk about the blood group 0 positive diet indicating the recommended and prohibited foods for this type of person. However, it is important that you know that this diet has not been scientifically proven, it is a food theory that, still, has no scientific basis.
Diet of blood group and group O
In order to begin to discover what the recommended blood group O positive diet is, it is important that, beforehand, you know the basis on which this food theory is based. According to this diet, each blood group has specific biological needs and, therefore, it must be fed in a specific way.
In the case of group 0 it is considered to be the oldest blood type and, therefore, people with this group are considered hunter-gatherers. The other groups (A, B, AB) evolve over time and, therefore, they have needs adapted to their times (agriculture, livestock, etc.), with AB being the most evolved group and, therefore, the one that receives the most food. Can eat.
How are people with blood group O positive?
- People with physical strength
- They are usually active and optimistic
- Their digestive system is resistant, although they are at risk of ulcers.
- If they have an unbalanced diet they may have thyroid problems, asthma or arthritis
- They need to exercise regularly to stay in perfect shape.
The recommended diet for group O positive
As we have already said, people who have this blood group are considered to be people who, biologically, have hunter-gatherer needs. This means that your diet should be based, above all, on the consumption of protein, fruits and vegetables.
Foods good for blood group O positive
Now that you know better what this diet consists of, we are going to discover you the foods for the blood group 0 positive. Here we will give you a list with all those ingredients that you CAN include in your diet. They are foods that, due to your biological conditions, are well assimilated by your body and, therefore, you can make the most of them. They will help you to function better inside, to enjoy better digestions and to lose weight.
Many times, we gain weight because we do not have an adequate diet. It may be the case that some “healthy” foods do not end up making you feel good. And, therefore, they can make you swell more, retain more liquids, etc. With the blood group 0 positive diet they help you to know what type of food is recommended for your body and your blood.
List of good foods for group O positive
- Meats: beef or veal, lamb, game meat, chicken, turkey
- Fish: sardines, sole, cod, salmon, hake, seafood
- Vegetables: Swiss chard, onion, garlic, artichokes, leek, broccoli, garlic, squash, spinach, endives, red pepper
- Olive oil
- Nuts: pumpkin seeds, walnuts
- Fruits: figs, plums, pineapple
- Dairy: butter, mozzarella, goat cheese
- Cereals: rice, quinoa, barley, buckwheat
- Legumes: chickpeas, black beans
In general, the diet of a person with this blood type must be focused on the consumption of protein accompanied by vegetables. It is important to always accompany the diet with fruits and vegetables to avoid excessive acidification of the body.
Foods to avoid this blood group
On the other hand, it is also essential that you know what foods to avoid if you have a blood group 0 positive. Just as there are recommended ingredients for your type of biology, there are also others that are not properly assimilated by your body and, therefore, you have to avoid as much as possible.
In fact, this is where the main difference of this type of diet lies with other weight loss diets. And it is that the blood group diet is based on the foods that feel bad to each body, regardless of whether they are foods that have always been considered as “good” or “bad”.
Food not recommended for group O
- Meats: meats that come from pork, sausages, duck
- Fish: octopus, smoked salmon, caviar, herring
- Vegetables: cauliflower, eggplant, potatoes, Brussels sprouts, mushrooms, avocado, red cabbage, cabbage
- Corn oil
- Legumes: lentils, white beans
- Dairy: yogurt, milk, fatty cheeses (brie, camembert …), curd
- Nuts: peanut, pistachios
- Fruits: citrus, blackberry, strawberry, melon, coconut
- Cereals: wheat, corn, couscous, oatmeal, popcorn
In the case of dairy products, the best option is to switch to the vegetable version. For example, soy milk is a good option for people with this blood group because, in addition, it has a high protein intake.
As you have seen, wheat is a type of cereal that is not recommended in people with this blood group. This does not mean that they are celiac but simply that their digestive system is not prepared to digest gluten well. Therefore, it is better to opt for gluten-free options in order to enjoy better digestions and better digestive health.
Menu example for blood group O positive
Now that you know all the foods that you can include and those that you should avoid in your diet, it is important that you can get an idea of an example of a menu. Obviously, the distribution and choice of food is at your expense since, depending on your tastes and preferences, you can choose one type of food or another.
Here we leave you a sample menu of the blood group 0 positive diet so you can see an example.
- Breakfast: 3 rice pancakes + turkey slices + vegetable coffee with milk
- Mid-morning: slices of natural pineapple
- Food: Spinach sautéed with garlic + Beef steak
- Snack: A handful of walnuts
- Dinner: Baked sole + chickpeas