Potassium is an essential mineral for our body, actively working to maintain our muscles in an adequate way, promoting cell development, regulating the amount of water present in cells and intervening in the construction of proteins present in the body.
Its functions are important for the body that is why it is convenient to add it to our diet to stay healthy. If you don’t know where to get it, here we give you a list of foods rich in potassium.
- A good way to obtain potassium is by eating legumes, which in addition to being a great source of protein, are also a food group rich in this mineral. Among the most outstanding we find:
- Beans or black beans
- Soy, which is also the legume that offers the highest protein intake of the entire group
2. Many vegetables are also rich in potassium, so it is convenient to incorporate them into our diet. Among the most prominent are:
- Swiss chard, one of the richest vegetables in potassium
- Brussels sprouts and broccoli
- Artichokes, squash and tomatoes
- Carrots , which also provide fiber and beta-carotene
- The canons, perfect in a salad, are also rich in iron
3. Dried fruits are a good source of potassium, fiber, natural oils and also become a healthy snack that manages to satisfy hunger. Among those that contain the most potassium we find walnuts and peanuts, perfect for introducing them in desserts and salads.
4. Eating a quick, healthy and delicious way to get potassium is by eating fruit. Among those that offer more of this mineral we have:
- The banana , famous precisely for its good contributions of potassium
- Melon , an excellent diuretic, very refreshing and rich in potassium
- Strawberries, which are also a good source of vitamin C
- Coconuts, a classic tropical fruit that provides good amounts of potassium to our body
5. As for animal proteins, red meat, chicken, turkey and pork also nourish us with potassium. In addition, shellfish and blue fish such as salmon, trout and sardines, which are also rich in omega 3, give us a good amount of potassium. 7
Milk and yogurt, rich in probiotics, also provide this mineral to the body.