The periodontists is an oral disease involving inflammation and infection of periodontal tissues (bones and ligaments which hold the tooth). It can be chronic or aggressive and, if not treated properly, can lead to tooth loss. The main cause is the appearance of bacterial plaque. If it is not removed, bacteria and toxins regenerate and the gums start to swell, leading to the first phase of the disease, gingivitis. If the inflammation is not treated, gingivitis will lead to periodontal disease. The best way to cure it is by following the treatment of a dentist. However, this can be supplemented with some home remedies that can help you speed up the process. If you want to know How to cure periodontitis with home remedies, keep reading this article and find out.
- Diet is basic both to prevent the appearance of periodontal diseases and to treat them if they have already arisen. In this sense, antibacterial foods are perfect to remove excess plaque and strengthen our gums. The most suitable are those rich in vitamins C, D, beta carotenes and calcium. These foods have antioxidant properties that allow the repair of connective tissue and help heal periodontitis. So, if you have this disease, increase your consumption of citrus, dairy products, vegetables, nuts and cereals such as oats.
- Some essential oils are highly beneficial for gum care as well as for curing periodontal disease. Especially tea tree, clove and thyme oils have very good antibiotic and antiseptic properties for the healing of both gingivitis and periodontitis. Choose the one you like the most and apply a drop on your toothbrush or directly on your gums and massage them carefully. Do it twice a week.
- Massaging inflamed and infected gums helps stimulate blood circulation and decrease pain caused by periodontitis. So, in addition to essential oils, you can use the crushed rosemary leaves to gently massage the gums. The aloe Vera is a plant with more medicinal properties and therefore is also effective in the treatment of periodontitis. Therefore, you can also use its pulp to massage your gums.
- The mouthwashes home can help both to cure periodontal disease and prevent it. After brushing your teeth, rinse with apple cider vinegar, since its antibacterial properties will favor the removal of plaque. A very effective homemade preparation is to mix water, salt and chamomile or sage. Gargle with this homemade rinse after each wash and you will see how, little by little, the plaque decreases or does not appear if you use it as a prevention.
- It is very important that you follow the medical treatment stipulated by your dentist, otherwise the natural remedies will not have their effect. You must bear in mind that home remedies by themselves will not cure your periodontitis, they must be a complement.