There are many plants that provide health benefits and are used in diets, medicinally, for cooking, etc. Among these plants, there is one that we use a lot for cooking and that contains multiple properties that we are often unaware of: parsley.
Parsley is a plant that, consumed raw, is rich in minerals and vitamins. As long as it is taken in a regulated way, parsley facilitates digestion and helps improve intestinal transit, providing benefits in case of urine infections or kidney failure thanks to its natural purifying function. So that you can enjoy all these benefits, here we teach you everything you should know about parsley tea: what it is for, benefits and contraindications.
Parsley tea: benefits and properties
Parsley tea brings many benefits to our body thanks to the amount of vitamin A, K and C it contains. In addition, this food also provides minerals, proteins and fiber to our body, something that can help us combat all kinds of health problems. These the most important parsley tea benefits include the following:
- Serves as a detoxifier and purifier: parsley tea has diuretic properties that will help you eliminate toxic elements from the organism typical of contamination in the crop, ultra-processed foods, etc. This can prevent urine infections, kidney problems, and other similar conditions.
- Prevents fluid retention: the antioxidants that parsley contains help eliminate toxic and harmful elements from our body and reduce excess fluids in body tissues, which is why it is also a great anti-cellulite.
- Cardiovascular benefits: thanks to its antioxidant properties and the vitamins it contains, parsley tea also favors heart health, as it is a great ally for reducing bad cholesterol and regulating tension.
- Combats fatigue: Due to the aforementioned properties, parsley tea is ideal for improving day-to-day performance and reducing fatigue. Its high content of iron and vitamin C are great for fighting anemia, although in this case it should always be taken with the supervision of a doctor.
- Helps prevent diabetes: Foods with mirecetin, a natural nutrient, help reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes. Parsley, being rich in this nutrient, is usually advised to prevent them.
- Skin benefits: If you want to combat dry skin and make it look softer, more hydrated and healthy, parsley tea can be a great ally. This is mainly due to its high content of vitamin A, essential for regeneration and skin care.
- Digestive benefits: it is no coincidence that all people who want to lose weight quickly opt for parsley. As we have said, thanks to the diuretic properties of this food we find that parsley helps prevent fluid retention. In addition, it also improves intestinal transit, thus avoiding bloating and increasing satiety, something essential to avoid itching between meals and that losing those extra kilos is an easy task.
Parsley tea for weight loss
Wondering if parsley tea for weight loss works? Here we explain why this ingredient is so popular in the world of diets.
It should be noted that in the world of gastronomy, parsley is a plant that contains practically no calories or fat, which is why many foodies use it. The components of parsley cause food to act quickly in the body, making it a great accelerator of metabolism.
If parsley tea for weight loss is a good idea, it is mainly because we are talking about a natural antioxidant, something that fights fluid retention, improves digestion and the appearance of problems such as cellulite. Parsley tea is diuretic, purifying, eliminates fats, reduces gases and lowers the level of bad cholesterol, a series of qualities that help the body accelerate the process of losing weight.
The best way to notice the effects of parsley tea for weight loss is to have a cup after each meal, always complementing the process with exercise and eating in a balanced way.
How to make parsley tea
As we have discussed, there are many reasons why you should start taking this infusion, especially parsley tea on an empty stomach. If you want to benefit from all its properties, do not hesitate to follow the steps that we indicate below. This is how you should prepare parsley tea:
Ingredients to make parsley tea
- 250 milliliters of water
- 1 sprig of parsley
- Juice of half a lemon
Steps to follow to make parsley tea
- Bring the water to a boil along with the parsley sprig in a small bowl.
- When it’s boiling and you see the water start to color due to the plant, turn off the heat and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- Once the infusion is ready, add a little of the lemon juice (the amount will depend on your taste).
- If you want to sweeten it a little, we recommend that you add half a teaspoon of honey.
Parsley tea can be drunk hot and cold, and something we recommend if you want to use it for weight loss is to drink it during the day as if it were water. You can take a bottle to work and take small sips, but don’t forget to drink normal water, because your body will still need it!
Contraindications of parsley tea
Despite all the properties of parsley and the benefits that we have indicated, you should always take certain precautions, as not everyone can consume parsley tea. Do you know in which cases you should watch?
- Kidney problems: if you suffer from kidney problems, this diuretic drink can cause kidney stones, mainly due to its oxalic acid content.
- Pregnancy: If you are pregnant, consuming parsley tea should be strictly prohibited. This is because parsley causes uterine contractions and can create problems during pregnancy. If the use of parsley tea for abortion has been discussed, it is mainly for this reason.
- In case of taking medications for blood clotting: if you take medications for this reason, it is best to avoid parsley tea, as it can affect the effects of the medication.
In any case, if you have any abnormality, it will be best to consult your doctor before starting to drink this type of tea. What is clear is that, as with everything, parsley tea should be taken with caution and without abusing. Although it has many properties and provides great benefits, you should never take it as a food substitute and you should always watch if you have health problems. In moderation and always consulting with specialists, parsley tea can be a good supplement to improve your health.