Fruit is one of the healthiest foods that we can eat, standing out as an excellent source of fiber, vitamins and nutrients, in addition to providing the body with sugar that helps improve our energy levels. We know that it has beneficial properties for our body, but does that mean that we can eat it in large quantities? If you have ever wondered if it is bad to eat a lot of fruit, in this article we will answer it in detail.
- We know that fruit is a very healthy food, providing in addition to nutrients and fiber, various minerals, liquid and especially simple sugars, and it is that for no one it is a secret that despite being a natural option, fruits are a source of sugars important.
- The usual problem is usually that people do not consume fruit on a daily basis, missing a wonderful source of nutrients that is very simple to consume. For this reason, the nutritional recommendation is to eat 3 servings of fruit daily, that is, eat three times a day fruits that are preferably different to have a greater variety in the diet.
- Now what if we become obsessed with this idea and drastically increase your intake? Is it bad to eat a lot of fruit? The answer will depend on the state of our health, taking into account mainly aspects such as:
- The levels of glucose in the blood, patients with diabetes or sugar problems must take care of the consumption of fruits because we do not forget that they provide the body with fructose, a type of sugar.
- The state of the kidneys, since those who suffer from kidney diseases should not exceed the consumption of fruit or they could drastically increase the presence of minerals in the body and thereby affect kidney functions.
- Various intestinal and stomach conditions, who due to problems of this type must moderate their consumption of fiber or sugar should also pay attention to the amount of fruits they eat.
4. If one day you exceed 3 servings of fruit nothing will happen to your health, however you should take care of yourself if you have the aforementioned medical conditions. Even eating 4 fruits instead of 3 will not represent major problems as long as you eat a balanced and healthy diet.
However, if you overdo it and eat a lot of fruits a day as usual, you run the risk of:
- Increase glucose levels in the blood, which could lead to prediabetes or type 2 diabetes.
- Disrupting the balance of electrolytes in your body, which could affect the kidneys.
- Excess fructose is transformed into fat by the liver, which, if not properly eliminated from the body, can end up clogging the arteries and causing heart problems.
- Due to this same cause, the tension can rise leading to high blood pressure.
- In addition, it is possible to suffer from intestinal disorders due to excess fiber.