We know that fruit is a healthy food group that is important to incorporate into our diet, and that its extensive contributions of vitamins, antioxidants and minerals will help keep our bodies healthy. However, it is important to be clear at what time of the day we should consume them and how it is better to do so, and there is a great controversy surrounding this issue: is it bad to eat fruit at night?
- Fruits are a food group that should not be missing in our diet due to their high contribution of fibers, vitamins and minerals, being excellent for maintaining a regular intestinal transit and guaranteeing the health of the skin, hair and all our organs. But we must not forget that these foods also have fructose, a natural sugar that will be converted by our body into energy and glucose, which if not properly burned by the body will be stored in the body as fat.
- According to the nutritional recommendations, the ideal is to consume 3 servings of fruit a day, preferably before meals to take full advantage of its nutrients and use sugar effectively to produce energy. When asked if it is bad to eat fruit at night, the answer is that, ideally, these foods should be eaten before dinner and never after eating or before going to sleep. But why?
- The reason why it is said that it is bad to eat fruit at night is because these foods, as explained above, provide fructose to our body, turning into glucose that we will not burn properly because we will not perform physical activities but, at the On the contrary, we will leave our body at rest when sleeping.
- If you want to lose weight in a healthy way, the habit of eating fruits at night could be adding some undesirable calories to your body, so it is convenient to eat them at other times of the day to maximize their benefits. It is best to do it in the early hours of the morning, although it can also be eaten in the afternoon or mid-morning. Ideally, the recommended 3 servings should be distributed during these times of the day.
- Eating fruit at night sporadically will not harm your health, but it is important to understand that if you want to lose weight this is not a good option. If you do it frequently, the ideal would be to eat these foods in the hours mentioned above to improve their effects on your body. Also remember that eating fruit excessively is also not recommended, so it is best not to exceed 3 servings a day frequently and always have a balanced diet.